[Wine] pet vet 2

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Thu Dec 17 22:19:17 CST 2009

On 2009-12-17 (December, Thursday) 04:42:59 hmichel wrote:
> My linux ubuntu 9.10 machine does but I cant get the game to run in wine.
> So I set it to emulate a virtual desktop but when you click on the setup user
> button in the program the whole game shuts down... back to desktop.

	What Wine version are you using? What is the terminal output ("debugging
log")? If you unsure what version of Wine you are running or how to get
terminal output please read these answers in the FAQ:

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-2c37616bc34f6544af34566fe5f08a7a22ee377c
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-a37de3282d447376d2220d20a278ae52258551a4

	Also it is good idea to read this one too:

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-3b297df7a5411abe2b8d37fead01a2b8edc21619

>  It goes full screen so that messes up my dual monitors.

	Solution for this problem is simple: use separate X server and separate
account for running full screen games. This way you can have great desktop
effects in your "primary" X server and enjoy best performance in full screen
games without problems related to dual-screen setup in "secondary" X server.
Obviously you should turn off secondary screen and all desktop effects in
"secondary" X server because full screen games generally assume you have just
one screen and desktop effects ("compositing") can slow down OpenGL applications
including games.