[Wine] Re: Best version of WINE for source engine games?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 19 13:06:59 CST 2009

Exospaciac wrote:
> It seems like every version of WINE past 1.1 is pure garbage for gaming with Source games (Counter Strike Source, TF2, etc).

Haven't found one yet. They all have issues in one area or another. Unfortunately some changes that fix problems in one place introduce more problems in another.

CS:S will need patch to fix constant crashes (this patch is a hack to work around text drawing differences between windows and freetype). For TF2 one would need similar patch that I haven't seen yet. In general TF2 is highly unstable and totally unplayable in dx90 mode.