[Wine] Re: eve online error after splash screen

cornelius wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 19 21:18:04 CST 2009

thanks tacoz, your post helped me alot.
no offence meant, but I've posted a simpler interpretation of your instructions for the splash screen error, as I had to decrypt some of the paths in the sed command :)

this might be a little easier for those speaking english:

1. open gedit or a text editor (or vi if your awesome)
2. paste in this command, changing the paths as you need to for your system.
mostly you should only need to change the name in /home part, the rest of the paths are where eve puts the files by default.

Code:

sed -i 's/bitsCancelled=1/bitsCancelled=0/' ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/alan/Local\ Settings/Application\ Data/CCP/EVE/c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility/settings/prefs.ini; env WINEPREFIX="/home/alan/.wine" wine explorer /desktop=0,1024x600 "C:\Program Files\CCP\EVE\eve.exe"

3. save this file as eveScript.sh or something similar
4. run chmod +x eveScript.sh
5. then type eveScript.sh and it should run.

hope this helps.
this fixed my crash on load problem, although now I have to figure out how to make eve think my gfx card supports shader model 2 (i think technically it does but has alot to do with drivers - its an intel gma250 (or something) ). anyone got any pointers with that one?

thanks
alan[/code][/quote]