[Wine] Anyone out there running Dragon Age:Origins on SNOW LEOPARD?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 20 15:52:58 CST 2009

doh123 wrote:

>just as a question, since you seem to be able to get it to work under Crossover but not Wine.... the main difference between the two
>on Macs is the X server.  Are you using the default Apple X11.app, or have you tried something newer/better like the latest version
>of Xquartz (installable from macports)?  No one has as good of a X server for Wine on OSX as Crossover though... wish they'd release
>the source code to that... but the latest Xquartz is MUCH newer xorg branch then Apples default Snow Leopard build.

First, the X server from CodeWeavers is proprietary.  They will not release this code, unless this is making it back to xorg.

Second, when are the folks at XQuartz going to update their release version for those of us that don't use MacPorts?  I've been looking forward to this for quite some time.

James McKenzie