[Wine] Re: Anyone out there running Dragon Age:Origins on SNOW LEOPARD?

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 20 16:26:58 CST 2009

James Mckenzie wrote:

> First, the X server from CodeWeavers is proprietary.  They will not release this code, unless this is making it back to xorg.

Its a very old xorg based server, but under license requirements they do not have to release the code, I just wish they would... but its basically useless as a normal X11 system, it pretty much only works right for Wine, since thats all the focused on.

James Mckenzie wrote:

> Second, when are the folks at XQuartz going to update their release version for those of us that don't use MacPorts?  I've been looking forward to this for quite some time.

It would be nice if they'd finally get some new packages to install other than the Leopard only 2.4.0.... but its not that hard to do the Macports route, and get 2.5.0 (xorg server 1.7.2, Apple's is still on the 1.4 branch!).  It runs really nicely.  I also have 2.5.0 built into Wineskin (link (http://wineskin.sourceforge.net)) and runs on 10.4 - 10.6.  They have certain milestones they want to hit before a "release", and not moving fast cuz of not a lot of help...  all they need to do is add RANDR support and it would be better than Crossover's.