[Wine] Re: 'Setup cannot find necessary files' message

fmp_user wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 20 17:21:35 CST 2009

Hi, vitamin.

Good thinking! isoinfo returned a 'BAD RRVERSION' msg, so I mounted the CD with the norock option and all went well - until...

FileMaker Pro tried to set up the install wizard and failed with WINE configured as XP. I'm guessing this is because the installer in WINE is MSI 2.0, and for XP FMP requires the MSI 3.0 installer.

I tried downgrading WINE to 2000 and ME, and got a msg that FMP 9 doesn't work on these earlier versions of Windows!

Looking in the setup.ini on the CD I find

[SupportOS] ;Supported platforms for MSI 2.0

Win95=1

Win98=1

WinME=1

WinNT4SP6=1

Win2K=1

[SupportOSMsi30] ;Supported platforms for MSI 3.0

Win2KSP3=1

WinXP=1

Win2003Server=1

Too bad I can't edit that file...