[Wine] Re: Hi I'm totally new here

rekuli wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 23 08:22:31 CST 2009

Hi hellion,

those "fixme" just mean that the function is implemented in wine, but not that perfect that it handles everything the same way that native Windows does (ie., kind of like alpha/beta development stadium).

"stub" functions or processes are incomplete and more sort of like a lie --- they pretend that something is there and working which isn't.  simply put, if you say to your mom "hey, my room's made, I'm gone, okay?" and it isn't but she doesn't check up and it doesn't come out, you "stubbed" a clean, sorted room.

"fixme:Fusion:" with those "stub!" at the end means that the fusion library, which is already installed on your machine and used by wine, is a "stubber" and cannot handle something the way native Windows does.  Maybe it is a good idea to point you to the "winetricks" package (some info here: http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks) which might be able to install it for you.

Hope I was able to help,
regards,

rekuli