[Wine] Garmin Trip & Waypoint Manager installs but won't run

tcwild wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 24 16:26:36 CST 2009

New to Wine, not a Linux expert (but not a noob)...

System: Compaq Presario V2000 notebook, nothing extra.

OS: Ubuntu Linux 9.10

Wine version: 1.1.35

App/version: Garmin Trip & Waypoint Manager/4.00

Installed the app using instructions in the Wine User Manual, and everything appeared to be normal (no errors). When I attempt to run the app from the Wine 'Programs' menu I get a dialogue that says:

   'System Locale Error for English (United States)_USA.1252

      Please contact Garmin Support for further assistance.

Clicking 'OK' in the dialogue returns me to 'nominal' (the app doesn't run).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.