[Wine] New project for me

HellionDarklord wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 25 02:16:07 CST 2009

I'm still working on the ArmA project, but thought this one might be a little easier.

I'm trying to install America's Army three via steam.  Everything is downloaded nicely after finally using CTRL-U on the firefox window that pops up asking if steam is already installed...  HUmm... coulda probably used internet explorer to start the download? Maybe IE would have looked for the steam application to handle the link?  Anybody try it that way?

Everything goes fine and dandy till steam tries to install directx.  (Not that I want directx installed)  any ideas how to get around the automatic install and just run the rest of the configuration and play the game?

Thanks for any help.