[Wine] Re: winetest causes a brutal reboot

Alex wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 25 14:37:49 CST 2009

> But it would probably be more important for the wine devs to know more about your machine, which hardware do you use? Do you have SP3 installed, and what about recent drivers, especially for graphics, audio, and networking?

I think tests report hardware details with exact version number, what features is present or not...etc

> Maybe if you update your Windows and drivers, the crash would go away.

I played WarIII yesterday and it never crashed.
I guess it uses lots of d3d calls though it might uses OpenGL ones.

So if Windows apps don't crash, wine musn't crash too.

@Rico, if this can help you...

Code:
d3d9:visual start dlls/d3d9/tests/visual.c -
visual.c:180: Driver string: "nv4_disp.dll"
visual.c:181: Description string: "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460 (Sony) "
visual.c:182: Device name string: "\\.\DISPLAY1"
visual.c:183: Driver version 6.13.10.3082

I looked for the test which caused reboot and it is "ddraw d3d"

Now I'm trying to compile this test (installing cygwin, git...etc).
And after, I'll modify it to get more infos.

Wait and see  [Wink]