[Wine] ipv6 borking DNS in applications

houkouonchi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 28 14:50:50 CST 2009

I have a problem with wine when I use a kernel with ipv6 support DNS lookups don't seem to work in apps that support ipv6. An example of this is firefox or uTorrent. In firefox I can go to about:config and disable ipv6 dns lookups (network.dns.disableIPv6) but I have found no way to do this in utorrent. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Right now to use anything on utorrent I have to change the tracker URL to use the IP directly for it to work.