[Wine] WoW - black void under characters

Chris V. wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 29 06:28:53 CST 2009

Hey guys,

So I installed WoW by copying and pasting my brother's Windows WoW install into my .wine Programs folder. I got it all working after a few hours of tweaking without pulling too many teeth.

However, there has consistently been this strange 'void' or shadow under all the characters (even the quest givers, vendors, etc.). Look at the pictures -

[Image: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r204/vestyjr/WoW4.png ]

[Image: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r204/vestyjr/WoW1.png ]

[Image: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r204/vestyjr/WoW2.png ]

[Image: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r204/vestyjr/WoW3.png ]

I've given you my video settings as well so you can see how I've set them up. I have also disabled all of my add-ons - this improved FPS twofold.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with terrible Intel chips. *cry*

Thanks.