[Wine] Problem with Notepad's font display

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 29 09:32:34 CST 2009

>Susan Cragin wrote:
>> I open Dragon NaturallySpeaking and then notepad, dictate away, and everything looks wonderful.
>> Then I close Notepad and re-open it, and suddenly the fonts do not display properly.
>> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
>
>What's wrong with the fonts? Console output?

The fonts are sort of broken up, as if I hadn't installed fontfix and fontsmooth-gray with winetricks. And that's the problem, that when I re-open the program these registry settings are not active.
(FWIW -- I don't use the system font because it is too small, so under Edit/Font I change to usually FreeSerif 14. The system font displays probably OK.)
There is no console output when I run wine notepad in terminal.