[Wine] Re: WinMSS error messages

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 30 08:49:07 CST 2009

einpekkar wrote:
> Thanks for the lesson in orientation! Learn something new every day. :D
>
> But no matter what directory I'm in, the error messages when trying to start WinMSS is the same :(

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I downloaded the app from http://www.ipsc-tech.org/mss/mss.htm, then had to wait two days for them to send me an activation code. (Why, I don't know, because the app is free.) To get it to run I had to install mdac25 with winetricks. http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

You said you installed the "latest mdac," so that may be the problem--it may need the older version.

Try again with a clean wineprefix (delete or rename ~/.wine). Install mdac25 with winetricks, then reinstall the app.