[Wine] Wine cannot be installed

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Dec 31 11:36:16 CST 2009

Estewar wrote:
> I have Ubuntu karmic koala and cannot install wine.
>
> The report says that the dependencies couldn't be solved and the packages may be destroyed. The detailed description is just "wine".
> That's what I get by installing through the ubuntu software center.
>
> When I go thru the terminal with "sudo apt-get install wine" it says that the installation needs wine1.2 but it won't be installed and the packages are damaged.
>
> Please help!

I've never had an issue installing it through synaptic. Did you do a
clean install or an upgrade? It may be possible that the repos for 9.10
don't have the dependencies. Mine was an upgrade from 9.04 and it works
great. My last clean install was 8.10.

I did a clean install of 9.10 on another hard drive a couple weeks ago
but haven't tried to use it much yet. If I can get the time I'll try to
reboot to the new install and see if it will install.

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,

Sent with Thunderbird on my Kubuntu Linux Desktop