[Wine] Re: Can't configure wine drives.

minguo33 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 2 17:10:53 CST 2009

I have never run wine configuration through the command line, only through the GUI.   I don't believe I've ever run wine using sudo.  I nuked my first ubuntu install running a dodgy command someone gave me on the ubuntu forums, so I learned early on the perils of sudo.

Anyways, thanks for the help.  I googled up the procedures for making a symbolic link, and deleted the old link to d: in my dosdevices folder, and created a new one pointed at my cdrom and it works now.

(at least, now I can run windows programs that require the cd rom to be in the drive.)

I hope I haven't screwed anything up by deleting and recreating a symbolic link.

Here is what I typed to create the link:
ndon-desktop:~/.wine/dosdevices$ ln -s /media/cdrom0 d: