[Wine] Re: Program believed to work in Wine, but not on my EeePC

drossall wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 3 17:13:23 CST 2009

Thanks for the reply. comctl32 isn't listed in the Synaptic Package Manager. I'll have to do some digging to figure out whether any repository has a native package. Would any Debian one be likely to be OK or should it be native i.e. EeePC-specific? I'm still pretty much a newbie here.

BTW I should have mentioned that, when I installed all the packages as above, PocketBible produced an error that the working directory permissions did not allow writing. Actually the permissions were OK - I think it was the disc being full that prevented writing... This supports my idea that a missing package was the issue. comctl32 was not listed among the packages installed (and that I then removed to restore a working system).

Regards