[Wine] How could I install Windows Installer 3?

WieznerI wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 4 08:25:52 CST 2009

Hi!

I have a problem: I've downloaded Microsoft Installer 3.1 from Microsoft Download Center, but I unable to install it. The error message: the installer found a newer version of service pack in the system, so there is no need of the update.

I used WineTricks to install MSI 2.0, but the new installers need the latest version. I tried to find solution for the problem via Google, without any result. I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 + Wine 1.1.12.

[ Sorry for my bad English :-). ]