[Wine] Last Wine 1.1.10/11 = pulse sound stuttering

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 4 17:58:35 CST 2009

Austin English wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 10:34 AM, psychok9 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
>> With latest builds or emulation acativated the sound work perfectly (standard fake alsa -> Pulse -> alsa -> card).
>>
>> I've tried to compile wine + pulse audio patch but don't work (work without patch).
>> I'll try wineasio.
>>
>> But with the tip of oiaohm I've fixed the crash problems!
>> With mem=3G, Linux see only 3Gbyte of my RAM... and Wine + WOW don't crash anymore...
>> How can I signal this bug to Wine team?

There should already be a bug related to the max memory size of 3GB.

As to the PulseAudio problems, there may be a few bugs in Wine's
Bugzilla, but there are no plans to repair them nor any plans according
to concensus to fix any of them.  Recommend moving to ALSA or OSS for
your audio needs.

James McKenzie