[Wine] Re: Firefox 3 via Wine.. WHY..??

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 5 17:42:10 CST 2009

blank wrote:
> I just read some change logs in the different Wine versions,
> and there I came across issues with Firefox 3..
>
> but why..???

Mostly for the same reasons people benchmark performance of their office PCs. Or run multiple layers of emulation.

Some times it's really useful. For example as 32-bit browser on a 64-bit system. I had to use 32-bit Firefox under Wine to get some obscure java program (Nortell VPN client) working that was failing on my 64-bit Firefox and 64-bit Java.

And of course it's a valid test program for Wine. Where you easily can compare results.