[Wine] Football Manager 2007 running very slowly

vhf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 10 14:18:39 CST 2009

Hi all,

I have a problem running Football Manager 2007.

The game's match mode consists of an almost full-screen, almost-2D animation of the match. 10-15mins into the game this animation slows down to the point of making the game unplayable.

The specs of my machine are above the requirements by a factor of 3-5 and so far I have been unable to identify any hardware bottlenecks. The only thing that does help is to suspend the animation for a while by bringing out another game window (e.g. tactics) and then returning. The improvement, if any, lasts for 10 min tops.

I'm using wine 1.0.1 on Ubuntu 8.10.

Thanks in advance,

vHF
[/img]