[Wine] Re: Last Wine 1.1.10/11 = pulse sound stuttering

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 11 03:52:48 CST 2009

The slow down from the second patch is caused by massive visualization.

First patch is altering wine internal reporting to applications.  Apparently that is not dynamic as I would have suspected.  Oversized when you don't have the ram for it is not good either.   Explains why we are forced high with memory sizes to run wine.

Ok how effective has the low memory patch.   Did it stable all three.  If so we need to take a closer look at those values.   Maybe even a windows test case to find out what windows reports.   Sorry to say I don't have windows any more.

Without windows test case it cannot be applied to wine.  That is the problem with those 2 patches I am not sure really how well both are working.