[Wine] A program cant find their DLLs and it really exists

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 15:33:05 CST 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 3:29 PM, lovaspillando
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am fond in photography, not a professional but amateur.  I have a FujiFilm camera wich comes with some utilities and I need one of this for converting my RAW Images, I really like it and want to keep using it instead other programs.
>
> Question is I can launch the program (by comand line and by desktop launcher) and when I choose the file it should be drawn in the screen.  It works perfectly in Windows under Virtual Box, and in a Windows dedicated PC.  But when I try it with Wine, program lose the control, I mean, nothing happen and the program is not responding anymore.
>
> Do you have anyidea about what to do, where to look, and so?
>
> I paste here the output of the program using comand line call:  I marked the line between when program is responding and not.  I put the next text for you locate it:  "HERE PROGRAM IS NOT RESPONDING ANYMORE"

The program sees the dll, and is using it, but the implementation
isn't correct/complete.

Try:
$ wget kegel.com/wine/winetricks
$ sh winetricks ie6

That'll install native ie6 (yuck) but also native shdocvw and friends,
which should  help your app.

--
-Austin