[Wine] newbie Question

Rem P Roberti rem at remdog.net
Sun Jan 11 16:32:16 CST 2009

Hi Everyone.  I'm new to using Wine and haven't been able to
successfully install a Windows program yet.  I have Wine installed on a
FreeBSD machine.  My only attempt at an installation so far has been to
try and install Photoshop Elements 4.0. I run "/cdrom wine Setup.exe"
frome the command line, and the installation wizard appears and proceeds
normally until "finish".  At that point a Photoshop icon has been placed
on the desktop.  When I click on the icon the welcome screen appears and
asks me which feature of the program I want to use.  When I click on any
of the choices another screen appears which is totally white, and that's
as far as it gets.  I have tried the installation on a couple of
occasions, but the end result is always the same.  The program just
won't load.  I have the feeling that this is pilot error, but I'm not
sure what to try next.  Any help would be appreciated.

Rem