[Wine] Clarification of ratings...
Gert van den Berg
wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Jan 11 23:51:24 CST 2009
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> This argument is moot anyway, as there's no way for us to force users
> to rate apps by our standard.
To me it seems that users tend to give a rating based on how well the
program runs (after being set up) rather than how hard it was to set
it up to run.
It might help to have some checkboxes summarizing what needs to be
done to run it, rather than using the rating for it. (How well it runs
is relevant for the users as well).
* Requires native DLLs
* Requires native DLL that requires a Windows license (the correct use
of this will be an issues, since users do not (and should not be
expected to) usually worry about the technicalities of license
agreements) (might be put as a subbox for first one)
* Requires patches to program
* Requires patches to Wine
* Requires tweaks to Wine (winecfg, registry)
* Requires tweaks to application (such as running in OpenGL mode)
* Requires specific hardware (Think nVidia...)
(My list probably still needs some work, but you should get the idea)
More information about the wine-users