[Wine] java with internet explorer under wine

Viktor Nagy viktor.nagy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:05:46 CST 2009

Hi,

my bank requires a java certifiate that won't run under linux (I know that
most of the java applets are platform independent, but this one is not).
I've managed to get java running under Firefox with wine, but it turns out
that their java won't run properly under Firefox neither. (This was affirmed
by a windows user friend as well.) So my only remaining option is IE with
wine. It's easy to install IE6 with ies4linux, but installing java won't
work.

I've tried to install it as:
$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/nagyv/.ies4linux/ie6" wine
jre-6u11-windows-i586-p-s.exe
err:service:RPC_Init RpcServerUseProtseq failed with error 1703
err:wineboot:start_services_process Unexpected termination of services.exe -
exit code 1703

Any ideas?

Thanks, Viktor