[Wine] USB and serial

Ben Okopnik ben at linuxgazette.net
Tue Jan 13 12:14:18 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:58:32AM -0600, Andr? H. wrote:
> Just create one Com-Port-Link: COM1
> not more not less

I did that. According to the program, there's no data on COM1 - although
I *know* that there is data on /dev/ttyUSB9.

Incidentally, I hope that case doesn't matter: the links I created were
called 'com1', 'com2', and so on. I'll try 'COM1' and so on later today,
when I get a chance.

> and why the hell its ttyUSB9 and not ttyUSB0 ???

Because that's the device that the Linux drivers create by default. I
promise you that I didn't have anything to do with it. :)

--
* Ben Okopnik * Editor-in-Chief, Linux Gazette * http://LinuxGazette.NET *