[Wine] meaning of

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 09:57:23 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 8:34 AM, James Mckenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> [...]

I don't think you quite understand. Intel Mac's are no longer their
own architechure. They're x86 PC's (only thing really different is
they lack a BIOS, using EFI instead). That said, there IS a PPC
version of Ubuntu as well (Fedora makes a PPC Linux distribution, as
well as a few others).

> It would be a 'good thing' to be able to distingush MacOSX problems that affect the Apple Intel platform as there are hacks available that will allow you to install MacOSX to other Intel based platforms (I know of one that reports to work with the Leveno X60 series for one.)

Yes. I've seen it done on several PC's. The hack is to disable OS X's
protection against only running on Apple branded hardware.

> And for those who think that I'm just a Mac-geek, I've worked with and respect those who use Linux.  At the present time, I don't have the time resources to do so.
>
> James McKenzie

No worries, as long as you're not a Windows fan boy ;-).

--
-Austin