[Wine] Help with installing wine..Error Windbind not installable

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 13:24:34 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Reckless89 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Im new to linux and dont know what you are talking about.  The package I was trying to install is for my distro.  Also, I downloaded the source but do not know what to do with it.

You're distro screwed something up somewhere, as it's depending on
binfmt-support (>= 1.1.2), but doesn't have it available. It might be
in another (unenabled) repository, e.g., on Ubuntu in multiverse.

As for source, you'd have to compile it...best avoided unless you know
what you're doing, as it's a bit messy for the faint of heart.

--
-Austin