[Wine] Re: gdi32.dll error

xuinkrbin. wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 14 23:47:57 CST 2009

James Mckenzie wrote:
> "xuinkrbin." <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > Sent: Jan 14, 2009 9:21 AM
> > To: wine-users at winehq.org
> > Subject: [Wine]  Re: gdi32.dll error
> >
> > I downloaded and compiled the wine source (1.1.12) on My 10.5.6 last night/this morning and it seems to work without the gdi32.dll error; something to consider?
> >

> Interesting as there are supposed to be problems with this release.
>
> How did you meet the required packages requirement?  Fink or MacPorts?
>
> Can you place your package somewhere where it can be downloaded so that I can pick it up and install it on a system that does not have either Fink or MacPorts installed on it?
>
> Thank you.
>
> James McKenzie

I already had everything but the freetype2 libs, which I downloaded and compiled from SourceForge.  (By 'already had' I mean, yes, I have installed Fink, but don't recall ever having used it for anything.)  I then ran wine's configure, make depends, make and sudo make install.  I literally did nothing else.