[Wine] Access 2000 forms

Ben Okopnik ben at linuxgazette.net
Wed Jan 14 18:19:52 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:27:06PM +1100, Daniel Kasak wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 13:35 -0600, phydeaux wrote:
>
> > Trying to open and edit a form in wine using Access 2000.  Only problem is that the file I need is over the network on a win xp server.  I can bring up Access just fine, click open, but when I click on network places I get this:
> >

> > [Image: http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk317/phydeaux24/Screenshot.png ]
> >
> > I have tried everything but I'm horribly new to this.  Please help.[/img]
>
> I bit off-topic, but maybe of use to you ...
>
> I have written a set of Perl libraries ( open-source & fully
> cross-platform ) that use Gtk2-Perl to replace MS Access forms,
> datasheets and reports.

Cool - it would be nice to have some of that functionality in Linux.
Thanks, Dan.

Speaking of useful bits of Perl - I threw this little hack together to
analyze the logfiles produced by my troubleshooting:

WINEDEBUG="+file,+comm,+serial" wine tsconfig.exe > tsconfig.LOG 2>&1

It keeps a list of whatever was reported as "not found" within the log,
then drops any of the entries that get found later - thus reporting only
the DLLs, etc. that were never found. Hopefully, some of you fine Wine
folks here will find it useful.

---------------------------- missing_libs starts here -----------------
#!/usr/bin/perl -wl
# Created by Ben Okopnik on Wed Jan 14 17:43:01 CST 2009
use strict;

my %coll;
while (<>){
	$coll{$1}++ if /"([^"]+)" not found/;
	delete $coll{$1} if m{[\\\/]([^"\\\/]+)" ->} && exists $coll{$1};
}

print "Missing libs, etc.:\n===================";
print for sort keys %coll;

Make it executable, run it as "./missing_libs logfile", and watch the fun.

Best regards,
--
* Ben Okopnik * Editor-in-Chief, Linux Gazette * http://LinuxGazette.NET *