[Wine] Fallout 3 wine 1.1.12.. installer hangs

sifuschwager wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 15 17:15:34 CST 2009

Everything is working pretty nice on ubuntu 8.10, but I can't seem to get fallout 3 to even install. Followed instructions, but instead of manually compiling an older version of wine to run the game I just installed the latest version of wine.

It starts installing but 1/10 of the progress bar under "installing games for windows live" the installer freezes. I've let it sit overnight and it just doesn't move.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. running a tri core AMD, 4gb ram and ati 2600 512 ram so I think that in terms of hardware I should be alright.