[Wine] error by install C&C Generals
wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 16 11:28:56 CST 2009
I just tried to install C&C generals on Ubuntu 8.10. it seems to work with wine(http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=1717&iTestingId=13390) but i get a error by starting of the setup.
install shield: 1608 Unable to create InstallDriver instance return code -2147467262.
i followed this steps from the C&C generals wine page:
1. Download msvcirt.dll and put it in your .wine/drive_c/windows/system32 directory
2. Copy both CD's to your harddisk into the same folder.
3. Install Command & Conquer Generals from your harddisk using wine setup.exe
4. Once the installation is done, find yourself a no-cd crack and replace the original game.dat and generals.exe with the cracked ones.
5. Start winecfg and, go to the Graphics tab, and at the bottom in the Direct3D area set Vertex Shader Support to none and unthick "Allow Pixel Shader" otherwise the world won't show but just the buildings.
6. Go into the Data folder and rename the folder Movies or delete it.
7. Next go into the english folder (sub-folder from data) and either rename or delete the Movies directory from there aswell.
8. Go back to your Generals Installation directory and launch the game using wine generals.exe
9. Go to the Options Menu. In the Display Options Area, Set Detail to Custom. A new window will pop-up. Make sure you unthick Extra Ground Lighting there to fix the bug that certain parts of the ground aren't showing.
10. Have fun playing the game! :D
could somebody tell me how to fix this?
thanks for helping!
More information about the wine-users