[Wine] How to discover within my application if executed in Wine?

zizzo81 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 16 12:21:53 CST 2009

Hi,
I'm a Delphi (Windows) developer and I was trying to use Wine to execute my applications on Linux (actually using a Kubuntu 8.10)

Most thing works great, but some don't.
I was wondering if there's a way to discover if I'm under Windows or Linux just having a function like IsWine() that returns a boolean value. In this way I will be able to fix those small things that don't work and have my application running on both systems.

I tryed checking for OS version, like I do on Windows but I get an empty response from Wine. I could take this as an answer (in such case the return value should be TRUE), but that isn't a professional way of getting information from the system.

Does anyone know a call to system function that will return if I'm under Windows or Linux?

Thank you.

Christian