[Wine] Re: The fonts are all messed up unless I crank the dpi up a lot

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 17 09:50:16 CST 2009

austin987 wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 3:20 PM, DaVince <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > Okay, but I wasn't sure if it would wipe all of them. Thanks for that bit of info.
> >

> I'm not sure what you mean? Uninstallers in wine should work as well
> as they do in windows. That said, they often don't in wine, because
> 'rm -rf ~/.wine' is so easy, it's a low priority. Also, many
> uninstallers don't work fully on windows...
>
> By all of them, if you mean will 'rm -rf ~./wine' remove all windows
> applications? If so, sort of. It will remove all applications
> installed in that directory (aside from shortcuts). If you never
> messed with separate WINEPREFIXs, then yes, that'll remove them all.
>
> --
> -Austin

My train of thought is kind of like this: because an app's configuration files can be in so many places, the package's script that takes care of "completely removing" could maybe forget a few places and keep the config files there anyway. But this would be the same as with Windows anyway, especially where registry keys for some apps simply aren't removed.

@Ben Okopnik: I did only mention the app's settings though, not files made with it.