[Wine] Really want to dump microsoft....but have to run Photoshop

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 08:22:48 CST 2009

2009/1/19 NN <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:

> For information on other Peoples experiences with Photoshop on Wine see.
> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17

> PHOTOG wrote:

>>  [Question] Which type of Linux is the best for this?

> Ubuntuhttp://www.ubuntu.com/  is used by the majority of people submitting test reports to the Wine AppDB.

But really, it works on most if not all Linux distros.

The main thing is to make sure you like using the Linux distro in
question. Everyone will have an opinion and personal tastes, but
basically they're all well up to the task of being an operating
system. And Wine runs the same on all of them.

(with a few hiccups, e.g. Wine can have sound problems on distros
using PulseAudio - do we have a list of this sort of thing anywhere?)

- d.