[Wine] Program Files Folder in Wine

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon Jan 19 11:53:58 CST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:49 PM, mitch374 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hello.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I cannot get Wine to run anything under the Program Files folder.  It gives me the error message that it cannot find C:\Program (it's as if the space between Program and Files stops it).  I have tried eliminating the space in both the folder name and in the command line.  Nothing works.  GRRRRRR
1. Change directory to the program's directory first. Use Tab
completing to (easily) properly handle spaces.
Read http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-3b297df7a5411abe2b8d37fead01a2b8edc21619
for background
2. Learn how the shell's quoting works:
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Sh.html#uh-6 till the end of "Strong
versus weak quoting" is basically all there is to know.