[Wine] Re: Cannot run Win16 installer for Judaic Classics

onecoolcouple wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 19 16:16:13 CST 2009

I configured wine using the graphical winecfg, but I cannot find where it stores the info, so I cannot provide a listing. However, after closing and restarting that program, I see that the "drive" is indeed correctly configured, meaning, I mounted the iso on /mnt and configured /mnt as D:, which is reported as a cd drive.

Regarding the possibility that it saved the cd drive letter from during install, well, I changed /mnt to E:, and still got the same results.

I grepped my Windows98 virtual machine and didn't find anything significant, though the name of the program did show up in the registry, but a registry search did not bring up anything useful.

I also tried to let winecfg report the label of the mounted simulated cd as it is on the original cd, to no avail.

Is there a way to force wine on the command line, when executing the program, to mount a particular iso file as a cd, or, alternatively, to use a particular directory to simulate a cd?