[Wine] Re: Cannot run Win16 installer for Judaic Classics

onecoolcouple wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 19 17:14:19 CST 2009

It gets more fun. I popped in the original data disk, mounted it, and correspondingly changed the path to the cdrom device (E:) in winecfg. I tried starting the program, and it complained that  it could not find a valid cdrom. I edited fstab (because current distributions mount removable devices differently, which results in unpredictable path names for mounted removable file systems, and makes it difficult to provide the path to an as of yet unmounted filesystem) and added a trusted entry for the cdrom device, and tried starting the program both with mounted and with unmounted cdrom, but again had no success.

Where should I look for the problem? Remember that it is a win 3.1/win95 program (but win32).

I even tried through winecfg forcing it to emulate win95 and win3.1, but to no avail.