[Wine] Re: How to get 1.0.1

edzell wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 21 16:33:32 CST 2009

James Mckenzie wrote:
> elexes <wineforum-user at winehq.org>
>
> > Sent: Jan 21, 2009 2:05 PM
> > To: wine-users at winehq.org
> > Subject: [Wine]  Re: How to get 1.0.1
> >

> Have you checked the Ubuntu fora for any ideas on how to get a specific version of software?
>
> James McKenzie

No, I came straight to winehq, imagining that would be the simplest way to get the most appropriate wine. Following the download links gets me this:

Warning: These are beta packages

The packages here are beta packages. This means they will periodically suffer from regressions, and as a result an update may break functionality in Wine.

 If the latest stable release of Wine (currently Wine 1.0.1) works for you, then you may not want to use these beta packages.