[Wine] USB and serial

Ben Okopnik ben at linuxgazette.net
Fri Jan 23 10:37:39 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 01:07:25PM -0600, Andr? H. wrote:
> try:
> https://iftools.com/download/wxterm/0.6/wxterm.exe
> (open source)
> http://www.der-hammer.info/terminal/hterm.zip

Thanks, Andre - I've just tried this out in both of the above, and I'm
not seeing any data (although firing up 'gpsd' shows that it is indeed
there.) What can I do to get it to show up?

Again, to recap: I have a Garmin GPS that's connected to /dev/ttyUSB9
via the 'garmin_gps' module. I can see it fine in Linux; I can't see it
with anything in Wine. I've created a symlink (~/.wine/dosdevices/com2
-> /dev/ttyUSB9) and added

[Hardware\\Devicemap\\Serialcomm] 1231984861

to the registry (this was needed to make the ports show up at all in any
of the software under Wine; without it, the only "port" was TCP/IP via

What else can I do to make the data visible to software running under Wine?

Thanks in advance,
* Ben Okopnik * Editor-in-Chief, Linux Gazette * http://LinuxGazette.NET *