[Wine] USB and serial

Ben Okopnik ben at linuxgazette.net
Fri Jan 23 23:47:52 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 03:45:22PM -0600, Austin English wrote:

> Serial support in wine is pretty buggy:
> http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=serial+port

So... does this mean I should give up trying? Or is there another avenue
I can follow to have my USB device visible to an app under Wine?

At this point, I've tried HyperTerm (no way to tell if it worked or not
- it doesn't do anything when you tell it to connect, of when you type
anything at the screen; wxterm (which I couldn't get to work at all),
and Hterm (actually gives some useful indications, like "No such port"
when it doesn't see one, and "Internal error when initializing COM3"
when it does but can't open it - but it still doesn't show the data.)
No idea where to take this next.

--
* Ben Okopnik * Editor-in-Chief, Linux Gazette * http://LinuxGazette.NET *