[Wine] Re: WoW and Repair Tool

demothen wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 25 11:14:23 CST 2009

I am also having a similar problem - I've tried to install WoW from an old demo DVD, but when I run the updater to start pulling patches, I am getting "Your computer seems to be behind a firewall".  I am getting extremely slow download speeds (700k over the course of an hour).  If I try to run the download tool (installWOW.exe) I get "Failed to read information from the internet, please close all applications and try again).  I am running Wine 1.1.13, and Ubuntu 8.10, fully updated.