[Wine] Porting Wine To Visopsys

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 12:32:15 CST 2009

2009/1/25 Max Barney <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:

> Is it feasible to port Wine to Visopsys? http://www.visopsys.org/

Depends how good an imitation of POSIX it does. Wine is fundamentally
a Unix program. (More specifically, a Linux program with somewhat
functional FreeBSD, Solaris and Mac OS X ports.)

I've been banging my head against this with quite good POSIX
imitations of late: http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOnWindows - you can try
it with less-good imitations, though I don't like your chances.

But I'm having tremendous fun with the Cygwin port, even though it's
ultimately futile as long as it can't actually launch applications ;-)
It'll certainly help make Wine itself more robustly cross-platform,
which is always good.

- d.