[Wine] Re: VBA in MSOffice?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 25 19:22:41 CST 2009

>  What version of Wine are you using? If it's not the latest, upgrade.
>  $ rpm -q wine
>  wine-1.1.12-1.fc10.i386

Upgrade to 1.1.13; 1.1.12 had a lot of problems.

>  installing, set an override for riched20. There is no need for
>  winetricks; Office installs its own riched20.
>  OK, but winetricks makes the process that much less painful...

All you have to do is run winecfg and select riched20 from the drop-down list on the Libraries tab. As I said, there's nothing to actually install.

>  I'll try this re your comments Bug 11415 and James' comments, comments:
>  cd "/media/Office 2003 Pro/OFFICE";\
>  # Set your preferences
>  WINEPREFIX=~/.MSOffice winecfg;\
>  # Click through the dialogues
>  WINEPREFIX=~/.MSOffice winetricks vb6run riched20 dcom98 gecko;\
>  touch ~/.MSOffice/drive_c/windows/system32/stdole2.tlb;\
>  # Enter Pass-Key
>  WINEPREFIX=~/.MSOffice wine SETUP.EXE;\
>  done
>
>  If touch ~/.MSOffice/drive_c/windows/system32/stdole2.tlb isn't
>  sufficient, where can I find a real one?

Touch worked for me, but if you're installing dcom98 (why?), it's not necessary, as dcom98 installs a real copy of stdole2.tlb. I didn't install either dcom98 or vb6run.