[Wine] Re: Wine on Windows ?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 26 06:51:06 CST 2009

Wujek_Bogdan wrote:
> I'm looking for wine binaries for windows xp.
> I can swear i have seen it once at Wine Downloads. Am I wrong?
> I need to run old win9x application (it's not compatybile with NT) on winxp.
>
> i tried to compile wine under cygwin. but it fails about 15minutes after 'make'

That won't work. The Windows binary was for developers only, for testing.  As to why it's no longer on the downloads page, my guess is that it was taken off because because of questions like yours.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-530da6f64d194f2b403411016ab937e60d3c2c1c
http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOnWindows