[Wine] Problems compiling for git testing (No OpenGL library found)

GameKyuubi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 26 11:09:54 CST 2009

I'm following the instructions at
to find the problem that stopped a series of my games from working, but when I run

CC="ccache gcc" ./configure --verbose

Everything goes fine except at the end an error is produced:
"configure: WARNING: No OpenGL library found on this system.
OpenGL and Direct3D won't be supported."

I know the games that I'm trying to fix use DirectX, so I can't proceed without fixing this problem.  I've also tried
sudo apt-get build-dep wine wine-dev

 and it grabbed alot of stuff but the OpenGL problem persists.  I've got an NVIDIA card and my drivers were installed through Envy; most graphics-acceleration applications run fine (eg Compiz).  What package specifically should I be looking for?