[Wine] Game won't go fullscreen

GameKyuubi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 26 17:01:07 CST 2009

Alright.   So I'm trying to play a game in fullscreen mode but it keeps getting forced into a 640x480 box in the corner of my main monitor.  I've got a dual-head NVIDIA card (7900GT) hooked up to two monitors via DVI with TwinView and I'm running Ibex 8.10, KDE 4.1.4.

I've run it in the terminal and I get errors referencing XRandR and how it doesn't have 640x480 @60 listed as a valid mode.  So I added 640x480 @60 and now I get "err:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Resolution change not successful -- perhaps display has changed?".  I don't understand what's stopping the resolution from changing.  I'm 100% sure both of my monitors support that resolution.  Maybe it has something to do with TwinView?  After adding the resolution, this is what
Code:
xrandr

 has to say about my supported modes:

Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 3200 x 1200, maximum 3200 x 1200
default connected 3200x1200+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   3200x1200      50.0*
   640x480_60.00   60.0

3200x1200 is the faux resolution used for my dual-screen setup, I'm assuming, but even then it should be ~60Hz, not 50...  So I guess I have two questions: what's going on here, and how do I fix it?