[Wine] authz.dll

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 11:16:54 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Robert <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I followed the procedure in the other thread and patch says this:
>
> root at ubuntu:/home/buggy/wine# patch -p1 < p0.txt
> patching file configure.ac
> patch: **** malformed patch at line 15: WINE_CONFIG_MAKEFILE([dlls/amstream/Makefile],[dlls/Makedll.rules],[dlls],[ALL_DLL_DIRS])

The forum is botching it up, you'd need to get it from wine-users
archives. But since it's not a windows dll, but provided by some app,
I really doubt it will help.

> Also, I'd rather not have wine globally on root, as the other thread describes.  Can I just drop the patched executable (I assume that's what the first  make  will produce) into my local .wine?

No. It would create a dll.so file. You could try just making an empty
file named authz.dll and put it in your ~/.wine, that may help. But if
the app actually uses it, it'll fail. You need to get it however the
app expects (probably depends on a database program installation?

--
-Austin