[Wine] When typing, only one character for any app.

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Jan 27 19:39:24 CST 2009

On 2009-01-28 (Wednesday) 01:07:39 brian256 wrote:
> austin987 wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM, brian256 <wineforum-user at winehq.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hmm. Strange. Any terminal output?
> >
> > Be sure to test in a clean ~/.wine, to get rid of any tweaks you tried.
> >
> > What wine version? What keyboard layout?
> >
> > --
> > -Austin
>
> I'm using version 1.1.13.  I just re-installed it

	Reinstalling Wine will not change anything in your configuration! You need to
run this command to clean your configuration:

rm -rf ~/.wine

	By running it you will lose everything you installed in this Wine prefix. If
you don't want to lose anything but just want to test in clean Wine prefix
then run:

rm -rf ~/.wine-clean; WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-clean wine notepad

	This command will launch notepad in clean Wine prefix each time you run it
(without touching your default Wine prefix - ~/.wine).